You can use Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer on Windows system to print PageMaker files in PageMaker.
To install Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer:
- Log into https://createpdf.acrobat.com/signin.html with your Adobe ID and password
- Select “Convert to PDF” tool from right pane
- Click “Download CreatePDF Desktop Tool” link
- Click “Download Installer” button
- Click “AdobeCreatePDFDesktopPrinterSetup.exe” file
- During the installation , you need to enter your Adobe ID and password
NOTE: If your system is Windows 7 SP1 you may need to install a hotfix to update inetpp.dll file:
Please make sure Adobe postscript driver is insalled on your system as well.
How to Install PS printer:
1. Open Start menu > Devices and Printer ( or from control panel) and select "Add a printer"
2. Select "Add a local printer"
3. Select "Use an existing port: LPT1: (Printer port)
4. Select any company and any PS printer with Adobe PS printer driver (not clone) such as Xerox and Xerox Phasor 6120PS
Note that you may need to install Windows XP or other old system to get PageMaker 6.5 to work. Also note that PageMaker included PDF creation built in no need to subscribe.